Here’s another quick and easy Halloween recipe for a tasty treat your guests will love: zombie fingers! I always run out of these, no matter how many I make. You can prepare these warm “finger foods” in less than thirty minutes and people will absolutely love them — trust me!
First, we’ll start with a quick list of everything you’ll need, then I’ll show you how easy these are to make!
5-10 minutes (plus cook time on taquito package)
What You’ll Need
- Steak taquitos, frozen
- Yellow bell pepper
- Serving platter
- Prepare frozen taquitos according to package directions (usually 10-20 minutes in the oven on a baking sheet) and let cool. You can make your own flour taquitos from scratch, but it will take longer.
- Optional: Cut the taquitos in two if you want shorter zombie fingers
- Cut strips of bell pepper into triangular fingernail shapes
- Insert one fingernail into each taquito finger
- Place zombie fingers onto a serving platter and garnish as desired, with napkins nearby. One idea is to organize them into hand formations using different lengths to represent each finger and thumb.
Tip: Try red or green peppers to make demon or witch fingers. You can also substitute beef taquitos for chicken taquitos or present a mix of both. The reason I use steak is simply for the red meat look. You’re supposed to be eating a human zombie finger after all!
Check out more Halloween recipes in the Food & Drink section. For more party ideas, check out the Ideas section.
quick and easy Halloween, I like the concept of that, and these Zombie fingers sound cool. have a pic of the finished result?
Thanks Vic. I don’t have a pic of them yet, because I never thought to take photos of them before, but I will definitely take a couple of photos next time I make them and add them to this post! In the meantime, if you have any other questions or need help with anything, just let me know!