One of the easiest Halloween dessert recipes is a spiderweb pumpkin pie. If you use a ready-made pie, this is quick and simple to prepare. When you’re planning a Halloween party, there’s so much to do and if you don’t have a lot of help, it’s sometimes necessary to take shortcuts here and there. This is one dish that you can create quickly – and what says Halloween better than pumpkin-flavoured sweets?
Let’s get started…
5-10 minutes (plus prep time on pie package)
What You’ll Need
- Pumpkin pie, ready-made
- White icing pen (or grey)
- Black plastic spiders
- Serving platter
- Pie and cake server
- Thaw and/or prepare pumpkin pie according to package directions. You can make your own from scratch, but it will take longer.
- Draw a spiderweb design on the entire surface of the pie using the icing pen
- Place one or more plastic spiders along the web
- Place decorated pie onto a serving platter with plates, napkins, knife and pie server nearby.
Tip: You can prepare your spiderweb pumpkin pie ahead of time, as the icing will keep overnight in your refrigerator. Just be sure to cover the pie before storing.
Check out more Halloween recipes in the Food & Drink section. For more party ideas, check out the Ideas section.